Speak to an Admissions Representative: 877-497-5848
Master of Public Health Program Goals and Outcomes
The curriculum of Concordia University, Nebraska's online Master of Public Health degree program incorporates coursework to meet specific objectives and outcomes. These detailed standards help ensure we provide the education you need to become a successful professional and leader in today's public health field. Whether you wish to pursue a fulfilling career in public health in the United States or abroad, our rigorous public health curriculum will prepare you for leadership roles in the field.
Click here to learn more about a career in public health.
- Prepare students to enter the public health workforce with knowledge and skills consistent with the five key domains of public health, including biostatistics, environmental health, epidemiology, health policy and management, and social and behavioral sciences, as recognized by the Association of Schools of Public Health Education Committee.
- Ensure that students are prepared to engage in public health practice with a clear understanding of the values and ethics that define the profession.
- Enable students to develop, implement, and assess health strategies and programs to protect and promote the health of individuals, groups, and communities.
- Allow students to tailor their public health master's program to their career goals by offering two distinct specializations.
- Facilitate a rigorous online education that allows students to pursue an advanced degree in public health without having to sacrifice their personal or professional obligations.
After completing the online Master of Public Health degree program, you will be able to:
- Communicate strategies to improve the health of individuals and communities.
- Design, implement and evaluate public health programs and policies to promote health according to the specific needs of different populations.
- Implement a public health program that reflects communication, leadership and advocacy skills.
- Critically review, analyze and apply findings and recommendations from medical and public health literature and research.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative public health research using proper methodologies.
- Act according to principles of ethical reasoning and professional practice implicit in public health decisions.
Read more about the resources available for public health professionals.
1 "MPH Core Competency Model," available at http://www.asph.org/document.cfm?page=851
Help Keep Communities and Families Healthy
Join our Lutheran community and reap the benefits of a rigorous, Christ-centered curriculum in public health. Request more information about the Master of Public Health program at Concordia University, Nebraska, or call us at 877-497-5848 to speak with a program manager.