Master of Public Health: Health Policy and Administration Specialization
Learn to explore solutions to public health issues at an administrative level with the Health Policy and Administration specialization. The Health Administration degree program prepares you to drive changes that benefit underserved and vulnerable populations through policy and legislative efforts.
Health Policy and Administration Specialization Curriculum (12 credit hours)
The healthcare administration degree specialization coursework emphasizes a macro perspective of public health through an interdisciplinary program of behavioral science, policy, budgeting and human resources.
MPH 543 Leadership and Organizational Management in Health Care (3 credits)
- Apply leadership and organizational behavior principles to make effective decisions and to solve problems through conflict resolution methods in traditional and non-traditional health care settings.
MPH 546 Public Health Finance (3 credits)
- Determine the role of finance, perform basic organizational budgeting tasks and discern alternate sources of revenue within various public health settings.
MPH 548 Human Resource Management in Health Care (3 credits)
- Identify the core functions of human resources in supporting the strategic goals and missions of healthcare organizations.
MPH 588 Marketing Public Health (3 credits)
- Apply and examine social marketing campaigns for effective facilitation of social justice and communication of public health issues.
Click here to see what students are saying about the Health Policy and Administration Specialization.
Health Policy and Administration Careers
The Health Policy and Administration specialization is ideal for professionals looking for a healthcare management degree and have a strong desire to develop and implement health policies and legislation. Career titles include:
- Director of Public Health
- Health Systems Analyst
- Health Services Research Manager
- Medical Officer
- Program Manager
- Registered Nurse
Click here to read more about careers in public health.
Cultivate Health Solutions and Influence Public Policy
Learn more about Concordia’s online MPH Health Policy and Administration specialization. Request more information or call us at 877-497-5848 to speak with a program manager.