Master of Public Health: Specialization in Health Policy and Administration
If you’re drawn to making a difference in public health at a societal level, and your desire to serve is as strong as your desire to lead, consider our Health Policy and Administration specialization. It’s a career track that prepares you to be an ethical, effective and responsible leader of public health programs and policy. Consider this specialization if:
- You want to take a high-level, leadership view of health care to help structure and implement it effectively
- You’re energized by digging into finances, databases, and research to help improve healthcare and delivery
- You see health care in the context of policy, legislation and social issues
Focusing on a specialized area of interest can lead to increased marketability within that area. In the Health Policy and Administration specialization, you’ll gain a macro perspective of public health through an interdisciplinary program of behavioral science, policy, budgeting and human resources.
- MPH 543: Leadership and Organizational Management in Health Care (3 credits)
- MPH 546: Public Health Finance (3 credits)
- MPH 548: Human Resource Management in Health Care (3 credits)
- MPH 588: Marketing Public Health (3 credits)
According to the Bureau of Labor and Statistics, health educators can expect to see faster than average job growth. 1 Learn more about the Health Policy and Administration specialization in Concordia’s MPH program. Request more information or call us at 877-497-5848 to speak to an advisor.
1 Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2010-11 Edition, Health Educators, accessed 2/9/2011, http://www.bls.gov/oco/ocos063.htm