Master of Public Health: Community Health Education Specialization
A community can be a few city blocks or an entire state, a workplace or a university, a community center or a place of worship, a preschool or an assisted living facility. The Master of Public Health (MPH) specialization in Community Health Education prepares students to analyze the public health needs in their community and develop programs to improve the population’s health.
Community Health Education Specialization Curriculum
For students who choose the masters in health education degree, MPH 584 and MPH 585 are required courses. Students may choose two additional electives for a total of 12 credit hours.
MPH 584 Community Health (3 credits)
- Identify opportunities for holistic approaches to healthcare delivery and preventative programs for population health needs and benefits, at local, regional and national levels.
MPH 585 Programming and Evaluation in Public Health (3 credits)
- Evaluate and measure public health program objectives and outcomes in determining the need for quality standards using health informatics, statistics, concepts and analyses.
Electives (Choose two courses)
MPH 560 Public Health Ethics (3 credits)
- Recognize the moral foundation of public health research and theories and demonstrate ethical reasoning and decision-making in public health policy and practice.
MPH 583 Global Health (3 credits)
- Understand the study of global health and various global health issues, disease, and healing in various cultural contexts within the developing and developed world. Learn more about the MPH mission trip.
MPH 588 Marketing Public Health (3 credits)
- Apply and examine social marketing campaigns for effective facilitation of social justice and communication of public health issues.
Click here to see what students are saying about the Community Health Education Specialization.
Community Health Education Careers
The Community Health degree specialization is ideal for health care professionals who are passionate about promoting the health of their community. Career titles include:
- Community Health Educator
- Executive Health Director
- Health & Wellness Coach
- Medical Technologist
- Physician Assistant
- Program Manager
- Registered Nurse
Click here to read more about careers in public health.
Cultivate Health Solutions and Educate your Community
Learn more about Concordia’s online MPH Community Health Education degree. Request more information or call 877-497-5848 to speak with a program manager.