Speak to an Admissions Representative: 877-497-5848
Master of Human Services Degree Online
Be the Bridge Between Communities and Resources
Concordia University, Nebraska's Master's in Human Services (MHS) will teach students the skills to strengthen communities and the lives of others by providing greater access to vital resources. These skills are in high demand and attaining this 100% online degree will help elevate and advance professionals at any point in their career path.
Why Concordia's Online Master of Human Services Degree?
The online MHS curriculum is grounded in Christian faith and will prepare you with the knowledge necessary to improve the quality of life in your entire community. Students in the online MHS program will have the opportunity to:
- Choose from four career tracks to complement your professional goals.
- Apply real-time learnings to your career and gain practical skills from our experienced faculty.
- Study nonprofit management threaded throughout the curriculum.
- Experience a collaborative and social online classroom environment.
- Invest in your education in a predictable way with our tuition lock. Read more.
Click here to see what Concordia's students are saying about the online MHS program.
What Are The Human Services Career Tracks?
Concordia's Master of Human Services offers a choice of four career tracks to complement your professional interests and goals.
- Gerontology Track: Provides students with the opportunity to improve the care received by our aging population. The program studies in great detail the issues and challenges of an aging population from the perspective of the individual, the caregiver, and the health care system. As a Case Manager or Senior Patient Advocate, graduates will have learned the skills to help connect seniors with resources to enrich their quality of life.
- Community Health Track: Teaches graduates to assess a community's health problems and design programs to serve that population's health needs. Health informatics, health behavior, and communication skills are just a few of the crucial topics that permeate this program. In roles such as Health Educator or Program Coordinator, graduates will have learned the skills to work directly with the public to promote the pursuit of better health within the community.
- Human Services Leadership and Management Track: Prepares leaders who are skilled at connecting individuals and communities with the resources they need to enjoy an improved quality of life. This specialization is ideal for those who are passionate about leadership opportunities in the field human services. Graduates of this program will be prepared to pursue an advanced career in roles such as a Non-Profit Manager or Social Services Specialist.
- Custom Track: Allows students to create a degree program to fit their specific career interests and goals. Students in the Custom Track choose three courses from the three other career tracks to design a specialization that prepares them for their desired role in human services.
Human Services Curriculum
A master's degree in human services offers a path for those who wish to improve policies and help individuals access vital services and programs. It enables graduates to help communities meet their basic human needs and overcome challenges in their lives. To transform you into a valuable resource and leader, core coursework focuses on topics such as:
- Human service administration
- Intercultural communication
- Leadership and management skills
- Lifespan development
- Organizational development
- Professional and personal ethics
- Volunteer management
Fulfill your Passion to Serve and Help Others
As you build your foundation of knowledge in the human services field, you'll develop the skills necessary to respond compassionately and effectively to society's changing needs while becoming an advocate for the well-being of others. You'll serve individuals and families by helping them locate the resources needed to thrive. Click here to learn more about how to start your career in the human services field.
Pursue a Christ-Centered Education in Human Services
Learn more about the online human services master's degree program at Concordia University, Nebraska: Request more information or call 877-497-5848 to speak with a program manager.